Building Warranty Inspection Mornington Peninsula
APBI Mornington conduct dilapidation building inspections across Mornington Peninsula, Frankston, South East Melbourne and regional Gippsland.
BUILDING WARRANTY INSPECTION HOBART
Australina Property & Buillding Inspections in Hobart can help you ensure you are protected by completing a Building Warranty (Defect) Inspection.
Our qualified building inspectors will identify defects so you can have the building contractor rectify the defective building work if:
- structural defective building work is within 6 years and 3 months of the building work being completed;
- non-structural defective building work is within 12 months of the building work being completed.
It is important for you and your investment to schedule your APBI Warranty Inspection as a follow-up 11 months after your Building Handover Inspection to meet the 12 month non-structural building defects warranty period.
The warranty defect building inspection report is completed digitally and emailed (or printed and posted) within 24 hours of inspection.
'DEFECTIVE' or 'NON-STRUCTURAL'
According to Rectification of Building Work: "Defective building work means building work that is faulty or unsatisfactory" which:
- does not comply with the Building Act 1975, Building Code of Australia or an applicable Australian Standard;
- involves the use of a manufactured product where that product has been used, constructed or installed in a way that does not comply with the product manufacturer's instructions".
And in particular, "Non-structural defective building work means defective building work (other than structural defective building work or residential construction work causing subsidence) that is faulty or unsatisfactory" because:
- it doesn't meet a reasonable standard of construction or finish expected of a competent holder of a contractor's licence of the relevant class;
- it has caused a settling in the period defect in a new building such that the building work that does not perform at a standard reasonably expected of work carried out by a competent holder of a contractor's licence of the relevant class".
Please read about WorkSafe Western Australia new safety regulations for roof space access here.
Building, Pest and New Home Inspections | Inspector locations
Australian Property & Building Inspections have established offices across Australia to enable our organisation to service local individual building inspection
needs as well as the needs of larger corporate clients.
Each office is well appointed and support our National Call Centre located at Level 14, 330 Collins Street, Melbourne.
Our office facilities, located across each capital city and mojor reisdential hubs provide convenient locations for all of our clients to meet
with our building inspectors and administration team to discuss any point of an inspection or property.
Some home inspections take less or more time depending on the degree of accessibility and depending on the number of defects found.
We then prepare the report and liaise with the client on the findings.
24 hours notice must be provided to cancel a booked property inspection. Once the property inspection has been completed payment must be made prior to a report being emailed or posted. No refunds will be available once an inspection has occurred.
Any requests for a refund must be made in writing to our accounts department:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Accounts Department, Level 14, 330 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000